Do you know the secret to making great homemade ice cream? The secret is to use the freshest of ingredients. You can easily create a satisfying and refreshing ice cream dessert by using fresh cream, eggs, and sugar.
When you prepare ice cream using fresh wholesome ingredients you end up with a simple yet rich and elegant tasting dessert.
Our recipe using all natural ingredients, so once you experience this pleasant taste you will avoid store bought ice cream forever.
Another plus is that this homemade ice cream dessert will taste just like Grandma's used to.
Cookware and Utensils:
As always, the key to great cooking is to be prepared and use quality ingredients.
How to Make Vanilla Sugar
1. You must make your vanilla sugar well in advance to making your ice cream. Here is the simple process. You will need an airtight jar with lid, regular granulated sugar and 1 to 2 vanilla beans.
2. Cut the vanilla beans into pieces. Fill the jar halfway with sugar and add beans to the top. Now pour sugar over the beans and fill to the top. Place the lid on the jar and place in a cool dry dark location. The sugar will be ready in about 3 weeks.
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream
1. Place water in lower pan of double boiler. Allow water to simmer on low heat.
2. Using a whisk and the upper pan of the double boiler, cream the eggs yolks with 3 tablespoons of heavy cream, vanilla sugar, lemon juice and regular sugar until cream thickens.
3. Remove upper half of double boiler from lower half and continue to wisk. Add the remaining heavy cream and continue to whip until cream stiffens.
4. Using a rubber spatula, lift, fold and pour the cream into a shallow lightly oiled dish. Now that your ice cream is formed, place it in the freezer and allow to freeze.
Serve separately or with your favorite topping.
Don't have a double boiler?
No problem, just use a metal mixing bowl placed in a larger pot of boiling mater.
Enjoy your Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.