Rich and Creamy Carrot Cake Recipe
Rich and Creamy Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is one of my favorite treats to bake and eat.
There's something truly magical about the combination of sweet carrots, tangy cream cheese frosting, and crunchy pecans that comes together in a perfectly moist, decadent cake.
Plus, baking a carrot cake is such an enjoyable experience – from using the grater to grate all those carrots to watching it puff up in the oven as it bakes.
And when you finally take that first bite? Heaven! The joys of baking and eating carrot cake are simply unparalleled.
You won't regret eating cake with this carrot cake recipe. No need to feel remorseful because this cake is so delicious. In fact you can feel good about the fact that you created a healthy low fat dessert.
Carrot cake is so delicious. I distinctly remember only having the pleasure of tasting this creamy, moist, and rich cake during holidays.
During baking, the spicy and fragrant aroma always seemed to liven up
Just recently, I came to the realization that carrot cake
should be enjoyed by everyone, all year-round.
The recipe that follows works best for you if you're looking for the best tasting, low fat, carrot cake that's both delicious and easy to create from scratch. Go easy on the cream cheese frosting for a truly low fat treat.
Carrot Cake Recipe
- vegetable oil cooking sprayv
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Cream Cheese Icing or Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces nonfat or reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and salt; set dry ingredient mixture aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together well sugars, eggs, oil, applesauce, honey and vanilla extract. Next gradually stir in the mixture of dry ingredients.
- Stir in carrots and nuts then pour evenly into baking pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes until done or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let carrot cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes then turn onto wire rack and cool completely before topping with frosting; if desired.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Return from Carrot Cake Recipe to Cake Recipes