Basic Southern Potato Salad Recipe
That's Easy to Prepare and Taste Great
Are you interested in learning how to make southern potato salad?
If so, I have the best potato salad recipe for you. This recipe calls for simple ingredients, it's easy to make and is delicious. Potato salad is a universal dish that is loved by all so be sure to cook up some for your next barbecue, picnic, birthday party or Sunday dinner.
We have a basic potato salad recipe that you're going to love preparing and eat. This recipe was designed for you to learn the process, therefore the recipe only feeds two people.
Again the recipe calls for the simplest of ingredients including red potatoes, eggs, onions, celery, mayonnaise and yellow mustard. Print the potato salad recipe below if you're ready to get started?
Basic Southern Potato Salad
- 1 pound red potato
- 1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 large celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow mustard
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 large boiling pot
- 1 small boiling pot
- 1 large serving bowl with lid
- 1 stirring spoon
- 1 knife
As always, the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Start of by rinsing potatoes thoroughly under running water. While rinsing, gently scrub potatoes to remove dirt.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with at least two inches of cold water. Bring water to rolling boil and cook potatoes until tender. Don't allow the water to boil out. Once potatoes are done remove from heat, pour out water and allow to cool before peeling. Go ahead and clean your large pot because you will use it later to mix up your potato salad.
- Place eggs into a small pot, add cold water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cook eggs until done. Remove eggs from heat, add cold water and allow to cool before chopping.
- Now that the potatoes have cooled, peel them and mash them up one at a time into your large pot. Add celery, eggs, onion, mayonnaise and mustard. Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly. Start with the exact measurements and adjust to your desired taste, if necessary. If you must go ahead and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the combined mixture into a suitable size bowl with lid. Cover and refrigerate. Serve potatoe salad cold.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Enjoy your Basic Southern Potato Salad.