Southern Potatoe Salad Recipe
A Quick and Easy Potato Salad That Taste Great
Looking to learn how to make southern potatoe salad? If so, you have come to the right place to learn how to make a great tasting dish.
Below you'll find the best potato salad recipe ever. What makes this recipe special is the fact you use simple ingredients. The recipe calls for red potatoes, eggs, red onions, relish and mayonnaise. Just combine all of these simple ingredients together some awesome tasting potato salad.
Native In-Artice Ad
Get ready to enjoy some simple, quick and easy, but very delicious potato salad that can be prepared using the potato recipe below. Lets go if you're ready for some good eating.
Basic Southern Potato Salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly under running water. Gently scrub potatoes while you are rinsing to remove dirt.
- Place potatoes with skin still on, into a large pot. Cover potatoes with at least two inches of cold water. Next bring water to
rolling boil. Lower heat to medium-high and continue to boil potatoes until they are tender. Be sure not to let the water boil out.
- When potatoes begin to tender, remove pot from heat. Pour potatoes and water into a clean sink, allowing the hot water to drain.
Allow potatoes to cool before cutting.
- I usually mix my potato salad up first (then transfer to serving bowl) in the pot I used to boil the potatoes. That said, prepare you pot by
cleaning it with warm water.
- Now it's time to mix up your potato salad.
- Once potatoes are cool to touch, remove the outer skin and mash them up one at a time into your large pot. Add egg, red onion,
mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and mustard. Mix together all the ingredients thoroughly.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Know that you have your potato salad, have you given any thought to what else you're going to serve?
Return from Potatoe Salad to Potato Recipes