Flo's Vegetable Soup Makes For a Hearty and Fulfilling Meal
This vegetable soup has long been a southern favorite, because it is packed full of meat and wholesome vegetables that will stick to your stomach. This recipe calls for frozen vegetable because I have found that most often fresh vegetables are out of season. No worries though because frozen vegetables are always a great alternative to fresh veggies.
Thanks to innovations in farming and freezing, frozen vegetables have never been tastier. You can expect that most of the well-known, name brand, frozen vegetables will be frozen without any additives, chemicals or preservatives. This means you get frozen vegetables that taste great and are pretty close to fresh...the next best thing.
Here is a very tasty soup recipe with vegetables and beef that I cook up monthly. My son can't get enough of this hearty vegetable soup. You can whip this up and eat it as your main meal.
Flo's Hearty Vegetable and Oxtail Soup Recipe
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 small bag or box frozen vegetables
- 1 small bag or box frozen lima beans
- 1 package lean beef stew meat
- 1 package small oxtails
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 heavy soup pot or dutch oven
- 1 stirring spoon
- 1 soup bowl
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use
- First, season your meats with salt and pepper. Lightly coat your beef stew meat with flour. Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over
medium-high heat. Add beef stew meat and sear on both sides.
- Reduce heat and cook meat until it browns. After the beef stew meat has browned add enough water into the pot to cover both of your meats.
- Next, add your oxtails to the soup pot and adjust heat to a simmer. Cook meats for about 1 hour until meat is tender. Do not allow water to cook out.
- Once your meat is tender add frozen vegetables, tomato sauce, diced tomato and beef bouillon cubes. Add more water to get soup consistency if
necessary. Soup is done once your vegetables are done.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
The right soup can be hearty and delicious to eat and stick to the stomach. If you're undecided about which soup to prepare, this homemade vegetable and oxtail soup is a tasty choice. But don't just take my word about how nutritious and delicious this soup really is, you'll have to try this yourself.
This veggie-packed vegetable soup is a total crowdpleaser! From the colorful mix of vegetables to the savory broth and aromatic herbs, every bite will give you a different flavor. I particularly love this recipe because it’s so easy to make yet end up with something really special. Whenever I serve this soup at family gatherings or dinner parties, everyone always asks for seconds and thirds! It's also incredibly healthy and nutritious — so you can have one bowl or two without feeling guilty.