A Hearty Homemade Beef Chili Recipe
Homemade Beef Chili
Learn How To Make Chili With This Easy and Simple Recipe
This homemade beef chili recipe is awesome. It's simple, easy to prepare, and packed with tremendous flavor. Oh did I also mention the chili recipe is ready for you to print out?
Put your packaged chili seasoning away, because today you're going to create some delicious homemade chili using fresh ingredients.
If you haven't had homemade chili in quite some time you are in for a real treat. Would I like most about chili is that you can make enough for leftovers. The chili will always taste better the second day and then after that I usually freeze what's left over for a future meal.
My son even likes to spread this homemade chili over grilled hotdogs and then top with his favorites....cheese, relish, tomatoes, and onions.
This recipe calls for fresh ingredients for one simple reason. You'll always beat the taste of packaged seasoning mixes by using fresh herbs, spices and vegetables. Here is the homemade beef chili recipe for your enjoyment.
Homemade Beef Chili Recipe
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 pound lean ground beef
- 2-1/2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 table spoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 nonstick skillet
- 1 heavy stock pot
- 1 cutting knife
- 1 cooking spoon
As always, being prepared and using quality ingredients
is the key to great tasting food.
- Prepare you vegetables for cooking. Remove the seeds and finely chop your green pepper. Finely chop the onions and mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onions and bell pepper, cook and stir for about 4 minutes.
Add the beef, cook and stir until beef is done. Drain off grease and oil.
- Transfer beef mixture to a heavy stock pot and add the remaining ingredients. Stir mix thoroughly, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve your homemade beef chili hot with cornbread or saltine crackers.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
I'm sure you will enjoy this chili recipe for many years to come.