Homemade White Chicken Chili Recipe "This Chili Is, Oh So Delicious"
Homemade White Chicken Chili
Today, I'd like to share my favorite homemade white chicken chili recipe with you. But only if you're ready to prepare a tasty bowl of best homemade chicken chili you will ever taste. Chili is one of these comfort foods that you can live without. Especially when its cold outside. Chili will really warm and fill you up.
Although most folks prefer to eat chili only during the winter months, I eat this chicken chili dish year round. The recipe that's offered below is an adaption of another recipe I'd usually prepare using the meat from a whole smoked chicken.
Although this version of the recipe uses chicken breast the results are very similar. You get chili that's very tasty, hot, and spicy.
What I like most about chili is that it makes for good leftovers. Just refrigerate your leftover chili, reheat the next day and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the more rich and flavorful taste.
Here is our homemade chicken chili recipe for your enjoyment. Get ready to eat a bowl of chili that packs a mean punch.
Homemade White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed into powdered form
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast, with skin removed and cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2- 4 ounces cans green chilies
- 1 cup (8. oz) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- water, if needed
- 1 nonstick skillet
- 1 heavy stock pot
- 1 cutting knife
- 1 cooking spoon<
As always, being prepared and using quality ingredients
is the key to great tasting food.
- Form your seasoning mixture by combining all herbs and spices along with the chicken bouillon cube into a small bowl and mixing thoroughly.
Set aside for later use.
- Prepare your vegetables for cooking by finely chopping
the onions and mincing the garlic cloves.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and chicken,
cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a heavy stock pot. Add beans, green chilies and chicken
broth. Stir mixture, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Next add your seasoning mixture to the stock pot and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove stock pot from heat and immediately
stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Place chicken chili in serving bowls and enjoy!