Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
Bowl of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
This old fashioned chicken noodle soup will help bring comfort to your mind and body. We all know that properly prepared soups are beneficial in many ways.
- Soups can be eaten for lunch or dinner.
- Soups can be low in fat and cholesterol.
- Soups can be warm and satisfying to the body.
- Soups can fill you up without a lot of calories.
With some many benefits it should be obvious to you that soups are a good deal and that you should look to add a bowl soup to your daily meal.
I bet you already know the benefits of soup are so overwhelming. Go ahead and give this chicken noodle soup recipe a taste test and you'll be pleasantly surprised and happy you tried the recipe.
- 6 boneless chicken breast
- 12 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 ounces egg noodles
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 dutch oven or large soup pot
- 1 stirring spoon
- 1 soup bowl
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Start by preparing your vegetables. Dice your onions, finely chop your celery and parsley and thinly slice your carrots and parsnips.
- Remove the skin from the chicken breast and place them in a Dutch oven. Add chicken
broth and bring to a boil. Skim away any foam that appears. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook chicken thoroughly. Once chicken is done
remove from broth and allow to cool before cutting. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Skim the fat from the broth once the chicken is removed. Bring your broth back to a boil and add onions, carrots, celery, parsnips and bouillon cubes. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Once vegetables are tender, add egg noodles and cook until they are done. Finally, add your bite sized pieces of chicken and parsley and allow to simmer enough to heat the meat. Your finally step is to
season your soup to taste with salt and pepper. Serve soup in
warm soup bowls with cheese toast.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Homemade chicken noodle soup is one of my favorite comfort foods.
Not only does it taste delicious, it is also incredibly easy to make and chock full of nutritious ingredients. I love that I can customize the recipe to include just about any type of ingredients that I enjoy.From savory herbs and spices to crunchy vegetables, the combinations are endless!
The heartiness of the broth combined with the tenderness of the chicken and noodles makes for an unbeatable combination. Whether I'm feeling a little under the weather or just need a warm hug in a bowl, homemade chicken noodle soup always hits the spot.
Alright, go ahead and prepare yourself this soup to help your body heal.