Southern Style Potato Salad
A southern style potato salad for all occasions. This down south potato dish is great for potlucks, barbecues, picnics, church gatherings, or for whatever event you need to serve.
As a favorite side dish, potatoes get plenty of attention because the are so cheap, inexpensive, and easy to cook. Not to mention, most people really do love to eat potatoes...why do your thing they are listed on just about every fast food menu in the United States?
Because they are a very popular item.
In the case of this recipe, instead of frying we boil the potatoes and then introduce some basic ingredients to produce a very flavorful side dish.
The salad recipe that follows is a universal dish that can be served up anywhere. I strongly recommend it for barbecues and picnics. This is a very inexpensive dish, so it's ideal for serving large gatherings.
Here is the recipe that I use.
Native In-Artice Ad
Southern Style Potato Salad
- 3 pounds boiled potatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise or miracle whip, then add to taste
- 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish, then add to taste
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard, then add to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, then add to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, add to taste to taste
- paprika, sprinkled over top of salad
- parsley, sprinkled over top of salad
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 large boiling pot
- 1 small boiling pot
- 1 large serving bowl with lid
- 1 stirring spoon
- 1 knife
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly under running water. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with at least two inches of cold water. Bring water to rolling boil and cook potatoes until tender. Don't allow the water to boil out. Once potatoes are done remove from heat, pour out water and allow to cool. Go ahead and clean your large pot because you will use it later to mix up your potato-salad.
- Place eggs into a small boiling pot and add cold water. Cook
eggs on medium-high heat until done. Remove from heat, add cold water and allow to cool before chopping.
- Now that the potatoes have cooled peel them and mash them up one at a time into your large pot. Add chopped eggs, mayonnaise, yellow
mustard, sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly. Start with the exact measurements and adjust to your desired taste.
- Spoon the combined mixture into a suitable size bowl with lid. For the purpose of presentation, top mixture with a sprinkle of paprika and parsley. Now you have southern style salad. Cover with lid and refrigerate. Serve potatoe salad cold.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Don't expect any leftovers and enjoy your salad.
Return from Potato Salad to Potato Recipes