Homemade Garlic Mashed Potato Recipe
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes With Parmesan Cheese
This garlic mashed potato recipes is delicious, due to the addition of Parmesan cheese. Are you looking for a garlic recipe without an over bearing garlic
taste? If so, this recipe is just right, because only a touch of garlic is added.
For this recipe I like to use an all-purpose potato like Yukon or Finnish Gold. Mainly because of their natural buttery taste and both of these potatoes are ideal for mashing.
Whenever I make garlic mashed potatoes I prefer to start with baked potatoes. However, you can boil the potatoes prior to mashing them up. If you're pressed for time boiling is the quickest way to go.
Native In-Artice Ad
Whether you decide to bake them first or boil them, the choice is up to you. What's important is that you give this recipe a try. See you in the kitchen.
Garlic Mashed Potato Recipe
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
- pinch of salt
Cookware and Utensils:
- baking pan
- cookie sheet
- boiling pot
- small sauce pan
- food mill or sieve
- large mixing bowl
- tart by pre-heating your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a vegetable brush, scrub potatoes under running cold water. Pat potatoes dry with paper towels after a thorough washing.
- Use a fork or paring knife to pierce the skin of each potato. Two or three pokes will due.
- Place potatoes on center oven rack and bake for about 1 hour, until tender with a pierced fork. Turn the potatoes halfway through baking. When potatoes are done remove from oven and set aside.
- Combine milk, garlic, cheese, pepper and salt in a small sauce pan. Over medium heat, cook until milk is hot and cheese has melted, don't allow to boil. Set milk mixture aside for later use.
- Remove the skin from the potatoes and then press potatoes through a food mill or sieve into a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk mixture a little at a time, beating mashed potatoes after each addition, until fluffy.
For best results, serve mashed potatoes immediately
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/