Baked Sweet Potato Recipe
Enjoy The Sweet Taste of a Nutritious Vegetable
If you're looking for a nutritious vegetable side dish this sweet potato recipe is a must. The sweet potato is considered by many as the most nutritious vegetable, so if you're watching your calories this potato is an excellent choice.
Baking sweet potatoes are similar to baking plain potatoes with one exception. The longer you bake sweet potatoes the sweeter they become. That's assuming you don't over bake your sweet potatoes.
Are you guilty of only using sweet potatoes in dessert recipes?
If you answered yes, you're missing out on a nutritious treat that can be served with most meat dishes. Each fully cooked sweet potato without any toppings has the following nutritional values: 120 calories, 2 grams protein, 11 milligrams sodium, 0 grams fat and 0 mg cholesterol.
Here are some tips to selecting the best sweet potatoes:
- Choose sweet potatoes that are deep orange in color.
- Sweet potatoes should be solid and firm without any bruises or cracks.
Recipe For Baked Sweet Potatoes
- medium sized sweet potatoes
- vegetable or olive oil
Cookware and Utensils:
- paper towels
- baking pan or cookie sheet
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes under running cold water. Pat sweet potatoes dry with paper towels after a thorough washing.
- Lightly coat the pototoes skin with oil. Then, use a fork or paring knife to pierce the skin of each sweet potato. To or three pokes will due.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking pan or cookie sheet on center oven rack and bake for about 1 hour. Turn the potatoes halfway through baking. Test for tenderness by piercing with fork.
To serve, cut each potato down the center lengthwise and pinch the ends of the sweet potato. The skin of the sweet potato should be eaten because it contains most many nutrients and fiber.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
I'm sure you and your family will enjoy this sweet potato recipe. This is just one of many potato recipes available for your to print out. Please try some of our other potato recipes.