If you love rice pudding, you're going to love the two quick and easy rice recipes below. What we like most about rice-pudding is that you can make an extremely delicious dish with simple ingredients that you more than likely will already have on-hand in your kitchen. Try one, no try them both and let me know which one you like best.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix well eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Next mix in the rice and raisins.
2. Pour pudding mixture into a baking dish.
3. Bake pudding uncovered, in a preheated 325 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes of baking remove dish from oven, gently stir pudding then top with nutmeg. Return baking dish to oven and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Pudding is done when a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow pudding to cool before serving.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients consisting of cooked rice, 1-1/2 cups milk, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and salt.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs together then beat in the remaining 1 cup milk until mixture is thoroughly blended. Stir egg mixture into the rice mixture and then pour finished product into a prepared 2 or 3 quart casserole dish.
3. Bake pudding in a preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes of baking remove casserole dish from the oven, stir pudding gently, then sprinkle nutmeg over the top. Return casserole dish to the oven and continue to bake pudding for another 40 minutes until the pudding turns slightly brown and set.
Let your pudding cool before serving.
Pudding best served warm, topped with lightly sweetened whipping cream.