Homemade Mac and Cheese
Get ready to prepare some deliciously baked mac and cheese with the
recipe that follows. Although the preparation method for this macaroni
and cheese dish is somewhat unique, the results should be the same --
some very good eating. We love to prepare this dish during the middle of the week to get us to the weekend.
I'll need to admit that during the Holiday season when I'm feed a large crowd of people I have also used Velveeta cheese (like this recipe does) to because it is much cheaper.
Baked Homemade Mac and Cheese
Best Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 pound box macaroni
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Colby/jack cheese mix (shredded)
- Boil macaroni pasta in salted water using a big pot (one that can go in the oven). Drain cooked macaroni and set aside.
- Cut Velveeta cheese (this is going to be so cheesy) into small cubes and place in a bowl containing 1 cup of milk (this keeps the cheese
cubes separated and from clumping up).
- Combine 1 cup milk, eggs, flour, butter and spices consisting of Cajun seasoning, dill weed, paprika, parsley and pepper in a bowl -- mix
ingredients thoroughly. Add this mixture to the cooked macaroni and cheese cubes. Stir all ingredients together in a pre-sprayed (non-stick cooking
spray) large oven-ready pot.
- Finally top the macaroni and cheese mixture with Colby jack cheese. Bake macaroni and cheese with lid on in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for
about an hour, or until the sauce bubbles up to the top. Once the baked macaroni begins to bubble remove the lid and bake for 10 more minutes.
Allow dish to cool somewhat before eating.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
This baked mac and cheese recipe was submitted by Tim an avid reader of Soul Food Digest Magazine, who
also submitted recipes for easy pecan pie, marinated carrot salad and
country style ribs.
Go ahead and try this recipe, then leave your review below.
Return from Mac and Cheese to Side Dishes