Cajun Style Dirty Rice Recipe - Rice packed With A Savory Punch
You can use this dirty rice recipe to cook up a quality Cajun style dish in the comfort of your own home, that exceeds restaurant quality. If you like Zatarains dirty rice in the box you're going to love this savory and flavorful homemade dish. Why eat from a box when you can create delicious and tasty homemade meals all by yourself?
If you've every traveled to Louisiana and stayed for any length of time you'd more than likely have been served dirty rice. This dish is one of many famous Louisiana Cajun style dishes.
Depending upon your taste, you can serve dirty rice as an entrée or as a side dish. Dirty rice is one of those dishes that will taste better the second day, so be sure to make enough for leftovers.
Cajun Style Dirty Rice
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 pound chicken gizzards, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound beef livers, finely chopped
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 large heavy or cast iron skillet
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 medium food storage container
- 1 measuring spoon
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Cook rice according to package direction, until almost done. Drain rice well and set aside.
- In heavy skillet, over medium-high heat, stir and cook ground pork until browned. Add onions, garlic, chicken gizzards and livers to
browned pork and stir and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients consisting of green onions, green peppers, celery, parsley and drained rice to skillet. Continue to
stir and cook over medium-high heat until rice is thoroughly cooked.
This dirty rice can be served as the main dish or as a side item. I'm sure you will enjoy our recipe for Cajun Style Dirty Rice.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Dirty rice is a beloved Louisiana classic that has been enjoyed for generations.
This flavor-packed dish combines a variety of tasty ingredients, including ground beef, chicken livers or gizzards, and vegetables such as celery and bell peppers.
The mixture is then cooked in the same pot to create an intoxicating blend of aromas and flavors that tantalize the taste buds.
What's more, this dish is incredibly versatile and can be modified to suit whatever ingredients are available on any given day.
It's no wonder that dirty rice continues to be a staple in Louisiana Cuisine!