Crab Cake Recipe
The crab cake recipe that follows is nutritious, low calorie, and can
be served as an appetizer, main course, or side dish. Besides being easy to
prepared, low fat, and nutritious, crab cake like most seafood is very
For this recipe you can use fresh or canned crab meat. For the best tasting crab cakes ever, I recommend you use fresh crab. However if fresh crabs are
not available you can use canned crab. To be honest unless they are seafood connoisseur's most people can't tell
My advice to you is go to your local grocery stores seafood department and buy yourself some crab meat - don't fool with the imitation stuff. Then head to your kitchen and fix yourself some delicious crab cakes.
Easy Crab Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lump crab meat
- 2 slices white bread, with crust removed, chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- juice from 1 medium lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Prepare crab meat for cooking by removing pieces of shell or cartilage. While picking through crab meat try to leave lumps intact.
- Take two slices of white bread and remove outer crust and discard crust. Finely chop the remaining bread and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, Tabasco sauce, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add chopped bread and crab meat to bowl. Gently mix together all ingredients and shape mixture into 8 large or 12 medium crab cakes. Place
crab cakes on wax paper and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Place crab cakes in skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Do
not overcrowd skillet while cooking.
Serve crab cakes with your favorite seafood sauce such as mustard, remoulade or tartar sauce. If you're pressed for time forgo the 1 hour
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Did you find this recipe for crab cakes useful? If so, we have another excellent Maryland Crab Cake Recipe that you should try out. Boy are you in for a treat If you have never tried Maryland crab cakes.
Each crab cake is made with 1/2 to 1 pound of lump crab meat -- chef depended. The lump crab is seasoned to perfection and then broiled in the oven so they are just right. Final the crab cakes are served up with so tasty and delicious dipping sauce.
You are going to want to try this recipe also.