Barbecued Pigs Feet recipe
Barbecued pigs feet are a classic Southern delight.
These savory treats are slow cooked and smoked until they reach perfection. The result is an unbeatable combination of tender texture and rich, smoky flavor that's sure to make your mouth water.
Enjoy them as part of a main meal or alongside some tasty sides like collard green, pinto beans and cornbread. Pigs feet make an unforgettable addition to any summer cookout - guaranteed to leave your guests asking for more!
Barbecued pigs feet is another old school, soul food favorite. If you liked the boiled pigs feet recipe you'll definitely enjoy this barbecued one to. I must tell you up front that this is some good eating.
When you smother pigs feet in barbecue sauce the tender meat literally melts in your mouth when is touches your tongue. If you're ready to take boiled pigs feet to another level read on.
I must also admit this recipe is for "old school folks" who still enjoy eating the foods of the past. Here is the pigs feet recipe for your enjoyment.
Barbecue Pigs Feet
- 4 pigs feet, split in half lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- favorite barbecue sauce
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 Dutch oven or large boiling pot
- 1 slotted spoon
- 1 baking pan
- 1 cutting board
- 1 measuring spoons
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Okay, so where do you buy pigs feet? Often times you will have to ask the grocery store butcher for the pigs feet because they're usually
frozen and sometime stored in the back of the store.
- Begin by giving the pigs feet a good washing. For presentation purposes remove any unsightly hair that you observe. Yes pigs grow hair on
the toes and feet just like humans. A disposable razor will remove the hair.
- Place all the ingredients in a large boiling pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to
a simmer. Cover pot with lid and allow pigs feet to cook for about 2-1/2 hours. While your meat is cooking stir constantly and skim away any
foam that develops.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees during the last 5 minutes of cooking your meat.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the pigs feet from the cooking juice. Try to keep the meat intact. Place the meat on a baking pan, in
single layers with skin facing up. Also use the slotted spoon to remove some of the onions and spices from the cooking juice.
- Add the onions and spice to the top of the pigs feet and then apply a thick layer of your favorite barbecue sauce. Finally, place the
pan in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, until meat is tender.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
I'm sure this pigs feet recipes will turn out to your liking. Serve this delectable meat with a side dish of collard greens, macaroni and cheese, corn bread and your southern beverage of choice.
Nothing says summer quite like a plate of barbecued pigs feet! This succulent recipe is sure to become a family favorite in no time. Juicy, tender, and full of flavor, these tasty morsels are perfect for any occasion.
We hope you enjoy this traditional Southern delicacy – it's guaranteed to please any crowd!