Thomasina's Seafood Boil Recipe
This seafood boil recipe is very nutritious, tasty and quick & easy to prepare. I turn to this recipe when I really want to treat the family to a fun and entertaining outdoor meal, as you can see in the picture above. If your a seafood lover, you're going to love this Crab and Shrimp boil.
This particular seafood recipe has long been a family favorite. I've seen this recipe prepared several ways: with crabs only, with shrimp and sausage only, or with crab, shrimp and sausage.
This seafood recipe includes all of my favorites: snow crab legs, shrimp, smoked sausage, sweet corn and red potatoes. The availability of frozen food products makes this a viable meal year round. So don't let the non-availability of fresh crab, shrimp and corn discourage you from making this terrific meal any day of the week.
Shrimp and Crab Seafood Boil Recipe
- 2 - pounds snow crab legs
- 1 - pound uncooked shrimp
- 1 - pound smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- red potatoes
- sweet corn on the cob, halved, frozen or fresh
- 1 to 2 - boxes Zatarain's crab boil
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 large stock pot, 10 to 12 quarts
- 1 large serving platter
- 1 large slotted spoon
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients. You can either use fresh or frozen snow crab legs, shrimp or sweet corn for this recipe. The sausage should be cut into 2 inch
pieces before adding to boiling water.
- Start off your seafood boil by bringing 6 to 8 quarts water to a rolling boil. Add Zatarain's crab boil and red potatoes and
cook for about 15 minutes.
- Next add sausage and sweet corn to the boiling water and cook for another 10 minutes until the red potatoes are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the sweet corn on the cob, red potatoes and sausage from the boiling water and place on a large serving platter.
- Next add shrimp and snow crab legs and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Be sure not to over cook the crab legs and shrimp. Follow the preparation instructions given to you at purchase and you'll be okay. Remove the cooked shrimp and crab legs from boiling water.
- Finally neatly arrange all of your cooked foods onto a large serving platter and enjoy your seafood boil. I'm sure you'll enjoy
this shrimp and crab boil recipe.
Here are two other variations of this crab and shrimp boil recipe:
1. Crab boil recipe - If you prefer not to add shrimp you could easily modify this recipe to a crab boil recipe by adding 2 more
pounds of crab.
2. Shrimp boil recipe - Just drop the crab legs and add one additional pound of shrimp.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/