Quick, Easy, and Tasty Pork Breakfast Taco
Want something different for breakfast? Try our pork breakfast taco. We sometimes recommend breakfast taco when as an alternative to the traditional grits, eggs, pan cake, and bacon breakfast. I was first introduced to the breakfast taco when I lived in San Antonio Texas a few years ago.
Since Texas has a large Hispanic population there are a variety of tacos and breakfast burritos being served on a daily basis.
Any given morning I could buy a bean and cheese tacos; bacon and egg tacos; egg and cheese tacos; and potato and egg tacos just to name a few.
spending so much money on breakfast, I decide to ask a friend how to
prepare homemade breakfast tacos at home using the following quick and
Breakfast Taco Recipe
- 1 cup of hash brown potato mix, with onion
- 2 cups of hot water
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 10 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salsa to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together hash browns, water, and 3/4 teaspoon of salt, mixing thoroughly. Let hash brown mixture stand
uncovered for 15 minutes. After which time drain excess water from hash browns.
- While hash browns are draining, in a medium-sized skillet cook and stir the pork sausage over medium heat until well browned. Remove sausage
from skillet leaving some grease behind for cooking the eggs. Drain pork sausage in a strainer or on paper towels.
- Now, add eggs to skillet and begin to scramble. Once again place sausage in the skillet and cook eggs until done. Spoon mixture evenly on
warm tortillas. Top with cheese and mild or hot salsa.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
This pork sausage recipe will easily feed a family of four. Serve with orange juice.