Moist and Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Recipe
Try this oven baked chicken recipe to create mouthwatering crisp and spicy chicken. You get the best of both worlds, thats healthy and great tasting crunchy chicken.
So for now, put away your deep fryer or cast iron skillet and get ready to fire up the oven.
Put your mind at ease and tell your arteries to relax, no need to stress.
You are about to prepare an oven-baked chicken recipe that's just as delicious as deep-fried or pan-fried chicken.
I baked this chicken the other night and I got a kick out laughing when my son thought I had fried the chicken in grease.
He just could not believe the chicken came from the oven.
Oven Baked Chicken Recipe
You will need the following ingredients and cooking utensils for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons dried savory, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-3/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/4 teaspoons fresh ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry season
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 3 pounds of fryer chicken
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Cookware and Utensils:
- measuring spoons
- brown paper or plastic bags
- paper towels
- large bowl
- wax paper
- measuring cup and spoons
- brown paper or plastic bags
- baking or cookie sheet
- plastic wrap
- wire rack
- large shallow baking pan
- Start by mixing your spicy seasoning blend: In a small mixing bowl combine savory, dry mustard, onion powder, curry powder, cumin, white pepper, poultry season and garlic powder. Mix these dry ingredients thoroughly and place into a brown paper or plastic bag. Next add bread crumbs to bag and set aside.
- Cut your fryer chicken into about 8 pieces (breasts, legs, thighs, quarters or wings). Remove skin and any visible fat from chicken pieces.
Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour flour into a separate brown paper or plastic bag and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your milk and egg to form your milk mixture. Now it's time to coat your chicken.
- To coat each piece of chicken, shake the chicken in the flour bag, dip it in the milk mixture and then thoroughly coat the chicken by shaking
it in the bread crumb and seasoning bag. Place coated chicken on baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place wire rack in large shallow baking pan and arrange chicken on the wire rack. Evenly space the
chicken so that it's not touching. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes on the oven center rack. Don't turn chicken during baking.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Tips for preparing this oven baked chicken recipe.
1. If you don't have the wire rack that's okay. The purpose of the wire rack is to prevent the underside of your chicken from turning soggy.
2. The chicken is done when clear juice runs from the chicken when pierced.
I'm positive you'll enjoy this Crisp and Spicy Oven Baked Chicken Recipe for many years to come.
Return from Oven Baked Chicken Recipe to Chicken Recipes