Cajun Creole Jambalaya Recipe
So you're looking for a jambalaya recipe? That means you are looking to experience Cajon-Creole cooking from Louisiana?
That's great because I have a delicious dish for you...jambalaya.
There are as many variations of this recipe in Louisiana, as there
are recipes for southern fried chicken in the South.
This recipe calls
for sautéed vegetables, spices, rice, chicken, sausage and shrimp.
me combining these simple ingredient together will result in a some lip
smacking, mouthwatering, delicious, and flavorful meal, that you want
be able to get enough of.
Ready for a great tasting dish that will take
center stage? Yes, I thought so. Okay, go ahead and try the recipe below.
Cajun-Creole Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 pound chicken, pieces
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups rice -uncooked
- 1 can (16 oz) tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 large skillet
- 1 cutting board
- 1 kitchen knife
As always, the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Wash chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet. Add sausage, chicken and then brown meats on both sides. Remove meat from
- Next, add onions, green bell peppers, celery, green onion and garlic to skillet. Sauté over low heat until onions are tender.
- When onions are tender, add broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, pepper, hot sauce and rice. Stir thoroughly and bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Return
meats to skillet, reduce heat, cover and simmer until sausage and chicken are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 4 minutes. Now your jambalaya is ready to eat.
Enjoy your meal.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/