Who Else Wants to Learn How To Make Pancakes People Will Love
Get ready to learn how to make pancakes. Freshly cooked pancakes are one of my son's favorite breakfast foods
which I prepare for him all the time. After waking up from a long nights
sleep he loves to start his day off with a few stacks of pancakes, then
off to school he goes.
Before I forget, I must tell you that most people will never admit it that butter and syrup can make or break you pancakes.
That said experience with the butter and syrup you use and find the two that compliment each other best.
If you are like most people who absolutely loves pancakes but are afraid to make them, here is the easiest way I know to make a stack of fluffy pancakes.
What You'll Need for this Pancake Recipe
- wire whisk
- mixing bowl
- large plate
- 1 cup pancake mix (makes 10-12 pancakes)
- butter or cooking spray
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- maple syrup
Here's a Simple Recipe on How to Make Pancakes
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Skillet is ready when you place a drop of water into it and it sizzles and evaporates quickly. Lightly
grease the skillet with butter or cooking spray. (If you are using an electric griddle, set the temperature to 375 degrees).
- In a mixing bowl combine pancake mix with milk, egg and oil, stirring with a wire whisk until all lumps are gone. Let the pancake batter
stand for 1 to 2 minutes so that it thickens.
- Using a ladle, pour less than 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake onto the lightly greased skillet. Using a spatula, turn the pancakes as
soon as the tops start to bubble. Before flipping/turning, first check that the bottom of the pancakes are golden brown. (Adjust the heat accordingly so that you don't burn the pancakes)
- Once the pancakes are sufficiently brown on both sides, remove them from the skilled with the spatula, placing them on a plate. Add 1 or 2 slices of butter on the top of each pancake and stack them about 3 layers high.
Top your pancakes with maple syrup or a fresh fruit topping such as strawberry or blueberry.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
After you've mastered the art of preparing pancakes, you can try adding goodies such as fruit, nuts or chocolate chips directly to the batter. Don't be afraid to be creative and most of all have fun and enjoy the process!