Who Else Wants To Learn How to Make French Toast Like a Chef?
Here are some tried and true instructions for learning how to make french toast. French toast is one of my favorite breakfast foods and one I enjoy
cooking time and time again for my family and friends. I 'm confident
will be the case for you once you learn how to whip up french toast
Here's a little history before we get started.
Did you know French toast was not created by the French, but by a little known Tavern owner from Albany, New York?
The guys last name just happened to be French.
Next, I'd like to clear the air.
You might be thinking French toast is difficult to make, especially if you're a first time cook. That's not the case, actually it's a very easy to prepare and delicious breakfast staple.
What You'll Need for this French Toast Recipe
- frying pan or griddle Pan
- large mixing bowl
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices white bread
- butter or Cooking Spray
- salt and pepper
Here is a Great Recipe on How to Make French Toast
- Place your frying pan or griddle iron on the stove and set the heat to medium. Grease the pan or griddle with the stick of butter (If you like,
you can also use cooking spray).
- Take 4 eggs and gently break them into a bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of milk, and some salt. Using a fork, beat the eggs until you have a smooth
consistency. Your egg mixture is now formed.
- As soon as you hear the sizzling of the butter it's time to prepare the bread. Lower the heat just a bit. Take each slice of bread and dip it
into the egg mixture. Ensure that both sides are completely covered with egg.
- Take each slice and place it on the pan/griddle. Wait a minute or so then using the spatula, check the bottom of the slice to ensure it is
cooked (the underside should be slightly brown). Turn the slice over to brown the other side. When this side of the bread is the desired color,
remove the french toast from the pan.
Place the french toast on a plate and let the feast begins! You can choose to eat the french toast plain, or you can add maple syrup and sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Now this is a treat!
Other options: you could sprinkle the french toast with cinnamon, fruit spread or some other type of flavored syrup. Before you leave, be sure to
check out the breakfast recipes below, which you might
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/