Diabetic Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
The Pea-Nutty Taste Will Surprise You
This diabetic peanut butter cookie recipe
is low in fat but still taste great. I adapted this recipe from an
American Diabetes Association recipe. This recipe is not well suited for
a low sodium diet. For the best results, the cookie dough should be
prepared 12 hours in advance of baking.
What I like most about this recipe is that fact that you get to prepare homemade cookies.
After reading through the recipe you also easy see the recipe uses very common baking ingredient.
Many of these ingredients you'll probably already have on hand.
That said, it will not take much time and effort to prepare some great tasting cookies using this recipe.
Delicious Diabetic Recipes Cookbook
Peanut Butter Cookie recipe for Diabetic's
- 1/2 cup butter, light, stick, with salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cookware and Utensils:
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- hand or stand mixer
- cookie sheet
- stirring spoon
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Using a mixer or by hand, cream together the butter, peanut butter and honey. Next add egg whites, vanilla and water and mix until dough is well blended.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients in a sifter. Sift into creamed mixture and mix well until completely blended. Cook dough should be refrigerated overnight (at least 12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While oven is preheating, spray cook sheet with a light coat of nonstick vegetable oil spray.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto cookies sheets and use the tines of a fork to flatten out each cookie.
- Bake cookies on the center oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove peanut butter cookies from oven, and allow to cool before serving.
Servings: 28 peanut butter cookies
Calories From Fat 36
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
Dietary Fiber 1g
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
I'm confident you will enjoy this Diabetic Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Recipe Source: Adapted from American Diabetes Association Recipe
Since, not all recipes are appropriate for all people. This recipe is
provided for informational purposes only and is not intended or should
not be considered as medical or professional advice. Therefore be sure
to consult your medical professionally before embarking on a new diet.