A Quick and Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
This is a simple yet great tasting chicken salad recipe that serves 6 to 8 people. You can serve this chicken dish on a bed of fresh lettuce, eat it between two slices of bread, or eat it with saltine crackers, your choice.
This basic chicken salad is simple, yet still great tasting. What I like best about this basic salad recipe is that you can be creative.
You can easily make this out to be something quite special with the addition of some simple ingredients.
For instance you can add a variety of fruits and nuts (i.e. apples, pineapple, raisins, almond, walnuts, etc) to make the chicken salad more appealing to your taste buds. The choice is yours to make.
This recipe is ideal for a family or social luncheon of six to eight people.
If you don't have this type of crowd to feed, this salad recipe works well for lunch. Just place your leftover salad in a sealed container and you can have chicken salad once or twice more for lunch.
Chicken Salad Recipe
Cooking Ingredients and Utensils needed:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups celery, finely diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry season
- 3 tablespoon salad cream/li>
- 1 tablespoons mayonnaise or miracle whip
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole wheat or rye bread or saltine crackers
Cookware and Utensils:
- Combine chicken, celery, eggs, sweet relish, onions and poultry season in large mixing bowl. Next stir in salad cream and mayonnaise or miracle whip. If desired, add additional cream and mayonnaise. Finish off with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, spoon your chicken salad over choice of lettuce, bread or saltine crackers.
This recipe also works well with leftover white chicken meat.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/