Multi Berry Pancake Recipes
These are wonderful basic berry pancake recipes.
We teach you how to prepare a mix that can be used to create any one of
several fruit pancakes recipes including blue berry pancakes,
blackberry pancakes, strawberry pancakes, and raspberry pancakes.
Here are a few things to look for when selecting your berries.
Strawberry and raspberries should be bright in color, free of mold, and un-crushed.
Additionally the strawberries should have hulls attached to them.
Blueberries and blackberries should be plump, dark in color, free of mold, un-weathered and wrinkle free.
Now on Saturday mornings I sometime make pancakes and when I do this is one of my go to breakfast recipe.
I like to cook pancakes because I can always count on them filling up my families stomach without having to worry about them leaving the table hungry. I will usually serve scrambled eggs, and country style ham or bacon with my pancakes.
Fruit Berry Pancake Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup berries of choice
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients consisting of milk, melted
butter or margarine, egg and mix the ingredients well.
- Next form pancake batter by adding shifted flour, baking powder and sugar to the wet mixture. Stir your mixture just enough to dampen the flour. This batter be as thick as heavy cream, therefore if necessary add a little more milk.
- Lastly, gently mix in your berries of choice (blue berries, raspberries, strawberries or blackberries).
- Cook your pancakes in a lightly greased frying pan over medium high heat or on a heated griddle. Using a spatula, turn the pancakes to the other side when bubbles begin to form all around the surface of the pancake and when the underside of the pancake has browned to your liking. Once the pancakes are flipped cook until browned.
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/