This baked buffalo wings recipe is by far the favorite and most requested baked chicken wings recipe we have on the website. For my family, buffalo wings is the one dish we enjoy cooking all year long--maybe this is the case for you as well.
Since most of our friends like eating appetizers, I find myself preparing wings two or three times per month during football and basketball season, whenever I have guest over to the house watching the game.
Although I like the spicy taste and heat you get from these wings topped with buffalo sauce, many of my readers (maybe even you) prefer buffalo wings that are deep fried, which I sometime do.
That said, to change things up a bit and add a little variety, I offer up to you this baked wings recipe.
1. First, prepare the chicken wing drummettes for baking. Rinse the thawed drummettes under running cold water, then using paper towels pat each wing until dry.
2. In a resealable plastic bag, combine and shake together flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and chili powder. Next add chicken drummettes to the bag and shake the bag until all wings are covered evenly with flour and mixture.
3. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread wings out on the baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the flour coating is firm, about an hour or so.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and hot pepper sauce to form hot wing sauce. Individually dip each wing into the hot wings sauce. After dipping each piece, place on your aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Spray foil with a thin layer of grease before layering wings to prevent wings from sticking. Repeat process until all wings are coated with sauce and placed on the baking sheet. Use tongs during the dipping and placing process.
5. Place dipped wings in preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, turn wings over half way through baking. Wings are done and ready to eat when they are crispy on the outside. Serve buffalo wings with blue chess dressing, alongside celery and carrot sticks. Enjoy.