by Jeannette Rodriguez
(New York, Ny)
A recipe for smothered meatballs.
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1 egg whipped
seasoning : adobo, sazon, sofrito (lots of herbs like cilantro, basil, oregano and garlic) 1 tsp each or 1/2 teaspoon each of herbs
egg noodles of choice
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl well. Form 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch meatballs and then put them in the fridge for 1 hour, so the meatballs can take form.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While oven is heating, line the meat balls on a flat baking pan.
3. Bake the smothered meatballs at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour, checking them frequently to see if there is no pink coming out. When done, rest the meat balls on the baking sheet.
4. To make gravy, remove the excess oil and juices from the baking sheet and pour into a sauce pan. To the sauce pan, add 1 tablespoon of flour, then cook and stir over medium heat for a few minutes. Next add 1 cup of milk, continue to cook and stir until the gravy thicken right.
5. Put the meatballs in the pan with the gravy then cook egg noodles in boiling water then drain egg noodles then put the egg noodles on the plate first then pour the meatballs and gravy on top of the egg noodles.
Enjoy this smothered meatballs recipe.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Recipe Contest Entry Form.