Candied Yams Recipe
6 sweet potatoes
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup margarine
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Boil potatoes in skins until about half done.
2. Drain water from potatoes, remove skins, & cut in lengthwise slices.
3. Place slices in a greased baking dish & dot with margarine.
4. Make syrup by boiling together brown sugar, water, & vanilla. Pour over potato slices.
5. Bake 45-50 minutes, basting frequently with syrup. Bake until potatoes are transparent.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Family Recipe Contest.