BLT Dip Recipe
you ever tried BLT dip?
Up until recently, not many people had tried
this dip recipe. With time change does occur, and for now BLT is
just another dip that you can serve to feed your hunger guest in
Like most dip recipes which are very easy to prepare, all you have to do is set your dip out along with bread, chips and/or crackers and let everyone help themselves to the dip.
In the recipe below we recommend the dip be eaten with pita pockets. However, you could easily substitute your favorite crackers, chips or bread.
The dip you go quick, so just check in from time to time to see if the dip needs replenishing.
BLT Dip Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) pita pockets, cut into small triangles
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup real bacon crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Cut pita pockets into triangles. Now toast the triangles in a preheated oven on a baking sheet for 10 15 minutes or until nice and crunchy.
- While the pita triangles are toasting, place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl with warm water and cover. Leave the tomatoes in the water until
they are tender, now drain and dice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, crumbled bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes. Add pinch of salt and pepper. Throughly mix
ingredients together and set aside.
- Use a paring knife to cut out the core of the head of lettuce to form a bowl.
- Before serving, spoon dip into the cored out center of the lettuce bowl. Set lettuce in the center of a large plate or serving dish. Place
toasted pita triangles around lettuce bowl for dipping.
This BLT appetizer recipe was submitted by Warren, a reader of Soul Food Digest. Warren also had this to say about his dip recipe, "Be prepared to make copies of this recipe to give out to your guests, because they will all ask for it!"
This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Have you tried this recipe before? If so leave your review below.
If you love eating BLT sandwiches, this dip the next evolution and something you'll want to try. I'm a real fan of all of the ingredients found in this dip recipe, especially so with bacon.