Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
Homemade Tomato Soup With Herbs and Spices
This creamy tomato soup recipe is one of several soup recipes available for you to enjoy.
Soup has always been considered a very healthy and wholesome dish.
This tomato soup recipe is no exception.
Don't be deceived by the simplicity of this soup recipe.
This recipe cooks up in just under 30 minutes, which means it won't be long before you're enjoying a healthy and delicious bowl of hot tomato soup.
This recipe for tomato soup serves 4. Here is the soup recipe for your enjoyment.
Creamy Tomato Soup
You will need the following ingredients and cooking utensils for this recipe
- 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Cookware and Utensils:
- measuring cup
- medium soup or stock pot
- medium saucepan
- In a large soup pot, bring water to boil. Add tomatoes, celery, onion, oregano, basil, brown sugar and water. Reduce heat, cover pot with lid and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Push tomato mixture through sieve back into soup pot and set tomato mixture aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter then stir and blend in flour until smooth. Next slowly stir in 2 cups of milk, continue to stir until milk mixture thickens.
- Pour milk mixture into soup pot with tomato mixture. While soup is simmering, slowly add the remaining milk to bring tomato soup to desire consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve hot in soup bowls.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Serving ideas: Serve with cheese toast or your favorite toasted bread.