Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe For A Busy Cook Like You
This crock pot beef stew is the first recipe I learned to cook in my crock pot.
This beef stew recipe is no exception, like most slow cooker recipes all you have to do is add ingredients to your crock pot, set the temperature, let it sit and at the end of the day you'll have a complete meal ready to eat with very little effort.
Just set this meal up before you leave home and feel confident that a delicious meal will be waiting for you when you return home from a long days work.
The traditional crock pot beef stew recipe that follows uses the simplest of ingredients which you'll be able to find at your local store all season.
Before you head to the kitchen and start cooking, there's one thing you most know.
Your families going to love this dish, so don't expect any leftovers. Are you ready to try your hand a preparing this beef stew recipe using your crockpot or slow cooker?
If so go ahead, print and try the recipe below.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe for Crock Pots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- This recipe is super simple. In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, and pepper. Add cubes of stew beef meat to this flour mixture and stir to coat the meat generously with the flour mixture.
- In a lightly greased crock pot, pour in your beef broth and then spoon in the Worcestershire sauce. Next transfer the coated stew beef meat and
remaining flour mixture to your crock pot, stir well with the beef broth.
- Next add and stir in your remaining ingredients consisting of carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, garlic, bay leaf and paprika.
- Place lid on the crock pot, set temperature to a low setting and allow to cook for 10 to 12 hours (time varies by brand). If you are in a hurry and pressed for time you can set the temperature setting to high and cook for 4 to 6 hours.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/