Easy Beef Stew Recipe
This Entree Cooks Itself
Looking for some comfort food? If so I have just the
recipe for you. Give this Beef Stew Recipe a try.
Just put in a little prep work, add all the ingredients into a crock pot and reap the benefits of a healthy and nourishing meal. This stew
beef recipe is so easy it basically cooks itself.
Here is the recipe for your enjoyment.
Beef Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 potatoes - cubed
- 2 carrots - cubed
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 crock pot
- 1 large frying pan
- 1 measuring spoons
- 1 measuring cup
- 1 small mixing bowl
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to
use quality ingredients.
- Start the recipe of with a little prep work. Cube your potatoes
and carrots, chop the onion and slice up your celery stalks.
- Next give your beef stew a good rinsing in cold water and pat the meat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a small bowl form your seasoning mixture by combining and mixing together seasoned salt, onion powder and black pepper. Season you meat using the mixture. Next apply a light coat of flour
to the beef stew.
- Add vegetable oil to large frying pans and Sauté beef until all sides have browned.
- Transfer the beef stew to the crock pot and add whole tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and onions. Add enough water to cover ingredients. Stir to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 10-12 hours or high heat for 5-6 hours. The beef stew is done when the meat and potatoes are tender.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Serve beef stew with corn bread, your favorite beverage and dessert. I know you will enjoy this stew beef recipe.
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Beef Stew Recipe to Beef Recipes page