Easy Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe For a Busy Cook Like YOU!
Are you ready to try your hand at fixing some crock pot pork roast?
Yes, I thought so.
Todays, pot roast recipe is easy as pie. All you'll really need is a slow cooker and basic ingredients that you probably already
have on-hand, minus the pork tenderloin.
Unlike most crock pot recipes for pot roast, I recommend browning the pork tenderloin on the stovetop before placing it in the crock pot. As a result, you'll introduce additional flavor into the recipe that will really make a big difference, improving texture and taste.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipe for Crock Pots
- pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 to 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 russet potatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- First prepare your pork tenderloin for cooking, by seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat bacon fat over medium heat. Add pork tenderloin and brown to desired color.
- While the meat is browning go ahead and cut up your potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic.
- In a lightly greased crock pot, place your browned tenderloin, next add ingredients in the following order: onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Pour broth over the meat and vegetables before cooking.
- Cover crock pot with a lid, set heat to the lowest setting and cook for 6 to 8 hour. Do not stir the dish while the pot roast is cooking.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Crock Pot Pork Roast to Easy Crock Pot Recipes