Smothered Southern Wings
By Belinda Jenkins (Levittown, NY, USA
This is a recipe that I have received many compliments on. It is also one of my boyfriend's favorite recipes. When we first met, he (a butcher) was very much into Beef and of course, being a southern bread man - fried foods.
Well, that all changed when he met me. I enjoy an occasional steak and I love my fried chicken and catfish, but I also reminded him of "OTHER" great recipes.
Comments for Smothered Southern Wings
- I loved this smothered turkey wings recipe (by: Anonymous) - I normally do not write reviews but I felt compelled to leave feedback regarding this recipe. I tried it today when my husband requested smothered turkey wings for dinner. This recipe is very simple but yet, it taste as though the recipe entails more. My smothered wings came out very good. My husband had two servings!!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
- Amazing Smothered Turkey Wings (by: Eleanor) - After trying other recipes from various sites this is the winner. It's simple and basic. The meat falls right off the bone. Me and my family thank you!!!!!!!!!
- Some awesome smothered turkey wings (by: Erica) - Cooking this as I write for Sunday dinner . I made it before this is my second time. These are very good. Thanks for the recipe!!
- Family's favorite...OMG! (by: Danielle) - Making this for my second time. My family loves this. Thank you so much for sharing. It's nice and easy. Maybe those who like peppers and onions can add that as well. Love it though!!
- I am now a turkey wing lover (by: Stephanie) - I use to dislike turkey wings until I tried this recipe. OMG this is so good.
- Great Tasting Smothered Turkey Wings (by: Ann) - Mmmmm good. This was such an easy recipe to prepare The turkey wings were so good that this is my new smothered turkey wings recipe forever !!! Thanks
Are your ready to try Belinda's recipe for smothered turkey wings? I thought so.
Smothered Southern Wings (serves 2 to 4)
- 4 Large Turkey Wings (drums detached)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt or seasoned salt (use more if you wish)
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper (use more if you wish)
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic (use more if you wish)
- 1 chooped scallion/spring onion (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup water
- Drippings from cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup flour
- Thaw wings prior to cooking.
- Preheat over to 275° degrees.
- Take all seasonings and combined into small bowl.
- Cover wings with olive oils (using clean hands and/or gloves) and place in baking pan (do not stack wings)
- Sprinkle seasoning generously over Wings
- When finished pour 1/4 cup water at base of pan with out sprinkling on turkey.
- Bake wings for 5-6 hours - to desired tenderness.
- When finished cooking take wings out of oven and let stand while you make the gravy.
- Pour drippings from pan in sauce pan, add 1/2 cup water. Bring to medium boil and add flour slowly while stiring (with wisk) into pan. When flour is stirred to desired look (lumpy - not too much stirring), bring heat down to a low simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- When finished drizzle over wings in current pan or place in new pan or plate and serve.
I'm sure you will enjoy these smothered southern wings as much as or more than my other visitors.