Homemade Gingersnaps Cookie Recipe
They're Easy To Make and Bake
This gingersnaps cookie recipe is loved by children and adults alike. It's a known fact that homemade cookies taste better
than store bought packaged cookies. If you don't think so, give homemade a try and you'll never eat packaged cookies again.
These cookies make excellent snacks during holidays, weekends
and special occasions. Now that you are armed with a great and simple to follow recipe you can whip up a batch of fresh cookies from scratch. Here is the recipe for your immediate enjoyment.
- 2 cups shifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grounded ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- granulated sugar
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 - Measuring cup
- 1 - mixing bowl
- 1 - shifter
- 1 - hand or stand mixer
- 1 - baking sheet
- 1 - Stirring spoon
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and shift flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Return mixture to shifter. Now you flour mixture is formed.
- Beat shortening until creamy in a large mixing bowl, gradually adding 1 cup of sugar. Next beat in eggs
and molasses. Now you molasses mixture is formed.
- Shift about a fourth of the flour mixture over the molasses mixture,
stirring well to blend. Repeat process until all flour mixture is
added. Cookie dough is formed.
- Using palms of your hands shape the cookie dough into small balls,
about 1 inch. Roll the balls in granulated sugar. Place the balls about
2 inches apart on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for about 12
minutes or until tops are slightly round and crisp.
Before eating your delicious treat, allow cookies to cool on a wire rack. Store your leftover cookies in an airtight container. This cookie recipe makes about 48
Return from Gingersnaps Cookie Recipe to Dessert Recipes