Homemade Gingersnaps Cookie Recipe
Ginger Snap Cookies
They're Easy To Make and Bake
This gingersnaps cookie recipe is loved by children and adults alike. It's a known fact that homemade cookies taste better
than store bought packaged cookies. If you don't think so, give homemade a try and you'll never eat packaged cookies again.
These cookies make excellent snacks during holidays,
and special occasions. Or you could just prepare these cookies anytime you or the kids have a taste for some homemade cookies.
Now that you are armed with a great and simple
to follow recipe you can whip up a batch of fresh cookies from scratch.
Here is the recipe for your immediate enjoyment.
Homemade Gingersnap Cookies
- 2 cups shifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grounded ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- granulated sugar
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 - Measuring cup
- 1 - mixing bowl
- 1 - shifter
- 1 - hand or stand mixer
- 1 - baking sheet
- 1 - Stirring spoon
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and shift flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Return mixture to shifter. Now you flour mixture is formed.
- Beat shortening until creamy in a large mixing bowl, gradually adding 1 cup of sugar. Next beat in eggs
and molasses. Now you molasses mixture is formed.
- Shift about a fourth of the flour mixture over the molasses mixture,
stirring well to blend. Repeat process until all flour mixture is
added. Cookie dough is formed.
- Using palms of your hands shape the cookie dough into small balls,
about 1 inch. Roll the balls in granulated sugar. Place the balls about
2 inches apart on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for about 12
minutes or until tops are slightly round and crisp.
Before eating your delicious treat, allow cookies to cool on a wire rack. Store your leftover cookies in an airtight container. This cookie recipe makes about 48
Return from Gingersnaps Cookie Recipe to Dessert Recipes