Easy Bologna Sandwich Salad Spread
This is not your average bologna sandwich. We'd like to introduce you to a bologna spread the you can prepare with leftover ham or plain "ole" bologna to make some of the most delicious bologna sandwiches you'll ever taste.
If you're like me, growing up there wasn't much I could do, I just had to settle for a bland sandwich made with just bologna and mayonnaise. If I were lucky we had cheese, lettuce, and tomaotes on hand to make a complete sandwich.
I'd sometime, fry the bologna with cheese and make a sandwich with toast. I wish I would have had the recipe and all the ingredients listed below for my sandwich, many years ago.
This bologna spread recipe makes 15 sandwiches.
Bologna Salad Spread
- 1-1/2 pounds bologna or ham, grounded
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish, well drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 30 slices bread
- 15 slices American cheese
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground bologna (or ham), mayonnaise, relish, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Use about 1/3 cup of bologna spread for each sandwich. Top sandwich with a slice of cheese and lettuce if desired.
- The sandwiches do not have to be made all at once. The salad will keep for 4 to 5 days stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
This bologna recipe was submitted by Shirley, a reader of Soul Food Digest, who also shared recipes for pineapple cheesecake,
pork and bean salad,
roast beef wraps, and pineapple coleslaw.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Click here for more delicious salad sandwich recipes. Or try out
this recipe and leave your review below.
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Bologna Sandwich to Appetizer Recipes page