Do you find bread baking difficult? If you answered yes, try these quick and easy bread recipes. This page features a small, but adequate collection of simple bread recipes including recipes for biscuits, pancakes, and waffles. All of the bread recipes that follow are in their simplest form. So after you master the basic recipes, I challenge you to great creative and try something new.
The biscuit mix recipe that follows will serve as the base ingredient for your quick and easy bread recipes such as biscuits, pancakes and waffles that follow on this page. This is great because you can mix up a batch of this dual purpose biscuit mix and make a variety of fresh bread products throughout the week.
Once you learn how to properly prepare this basic biscuit mix you will never buy commercial biscuit mixes again. Why you ask? Because this is homemade, it taste better, is more natural and lastly it's less expensive.
You will need the following ingredients, utensils and kitchen equipment: 9 cups flour; 1/4 cup baking powder; 2 tablespoons salt; large mixing bowl, measuring cup, wire whisk or food processor, pasty blender, 2 cups solid vegetable shortening; airtight container.
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix dry ingredients well, using a wire whisk or food processor.
2. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in solid shortening a few teaspoons at a time. Continue this process until all shortening is used and the mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Place your biscuit mix in a airtight sealed container. You can store this mixture in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
This biscuit recipe is one of three quick and easy bread recipes that are ideal for breakfast.
You will need the following ingredients for this simple and easy biscuit recipe: 1/2 cup water, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 cups biscuit mix. In addition you'll need these cooking utensils: measuring cup and spoons, floured board; rolling pen; biscuit cutter; baking or cookie sheet.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together water and honey. Add honey mixture to the biscuit mix, stir until blended. Don't stir to much only enough to mix ingredients.
3. Place biscuit mixture on floured board and roll out to 1/2 inch thick using a rolling pin. Cut into biscuits using a floured biscuit cutter.
4. Place biscuits on greased cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes.
This biscuit recipe makes 8 to 10 biscuits.
This pancake recipe is the second of three quick and easy bread recipes that are ideal for breakfast.
Now that you have pre-made your biscuit mix, creating rich and fluffy pancakes is very simple.
For this pancake recipe, you will need the following ingredients: 2 cups biscuit mix; 1-1/3 cup warm milk; 2 eggs, beaten; 2 tablespoons honey. In addition, you'll need the following cooking utensil: skillet or electric griddle; measuring cup and spoons; large mixing bowl and spoon.
1. Lightly grease skillet with vegetable oil over medium-high heat. If available, you can use a lightly greased electric griddle heated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pour biscuit mix into large mixing bowl.
3. Using a wire whisk beat together milk, eggs and honey.
4. Stir milk mixture until biscuit mix to form pancake batter. Don't over-stir, only stir enough to evenly mix ingredients. Set pancake batter aside.
5. Drop pancake batter by spoonfuls into hot skillet or griddle. Cook pancakes for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Serve pancakes with butter and syrup. You can also top pancakes with your favorite fruit toppings. This pancake recipe serves 4 people.
This waffle recipe is the third of three quick and easy bread recipes that are ideal for breakfast.
This waffle recipe is similar to the pancake recipe with the exception of cooking on a waffle iron instead of with a skillet or hot griddle.
For this waffles recipe, you will need the following ingredients: 2 cups biscuit mix; 1-1/3 cup warm milk; 2 tablespoons vegetable oil; 2 eggs, beaten; 2 tablespoons honey. In addition, you'll need the following cooking utensil: waffle iron; measuring cup and spoons; large mixing bowl and spoon.
1. Prepare waffle iron for cooking according to instructions.
2. Pour biscuit mix into large mixing bowl.
3. Using a wire whisk beat together milk, eggs, vegetable oil and honey.
4. Stir milk mixture until biscuit mix to form waffle batter. Don't over-stir, only stir enough to evenly mix ingredients. Set waffle batter aside.
5. Pour waffle batter into hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Serve waffles with butter and syrup. You can also top waffles with your favorite fruit toppings. This waffle recipe serves 4 people.
Before you go please try some of the other bread recipes that are available here on this website.