Perfect Grilled Steak Recipe
Todays cooking lesson is how to perfect grilling steak.
We offer you
this grilled steak recipe, that once marinaded for a few hours will
cook up easily on your barbecue grilled producing the best results.
After eating these steaks, your friends and family will be begging you for seconds.
So there will be no need for you to ask the question of, Who wants another grilled steak?.
We invite you to give this steak recipe a try during your next backyard barbecue or summer cookout.
But especially during your 4th of July or Labor Day holiday event.
Steak with Horseradish and Chive Sauce
- 1 pound hanger steak, center sinew removed
bunch of chives
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- coarse sea salt
- coarse pepper
Grilled Steak Recipe Marinade
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup cognac
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
, to taste
- Prepare marinade by mixing the following ingredients in a medium bowl: red wine vinegar, cognac, olive oil, minced shallot, chopped rosemary,
garlic cloves, sugar, and pepper.
- Place hanger steak into a 1-gallon ziplock bag. Pour in marinade mixture and evenly coat the steak. Seal the bag and place it into your refrigerator for up to 6 hours (overnight is preferable), turning the bag over halfway through.
- Preheat one side of your barbecue grill for medium-high direct cooking. Preheating is completed when your charcoals turn grey. While grill is preheating, remove steak from the bag of marinade and allow to drain. Season hanger steak lightly with coarse sea salt and freshly ground coarse pepper as well.
- Place steak on the grill over direct heat, and cook for about 4 minutes per side ensuring the meat is seared on both sides. Move seared steak
to other side of grill (away from direct heat of charcoals), then close the barbecue grills cover and continue to cook until the meat reaches an
internal temperature of 130 degree Fahrenheit (medium-rare). Let your hanger steak rest for a minimum of 5 minutes before slicing.
- Prepare your horseradish and chive sauce while the steak is resting. Blanch a bunch of chives in boiling hot water, then immediately remove
and rinse under running cold water. Puree blanched chives with sour cream and horseradish sauce.
- Cut grilled steak into pieces and serve with your horseradish and chive sauce.
This grilled steak recipe was submitted by Ed, a reader of Soul Food Digest Magazine.
This recipe is courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Return from Grilled Steak Recipe to BBQ Recipes page