Pig logs with smoking dipping sauce
by Kimberly Spencer
My recipe for pig logs with smoking dipping sauce.
Pig Logs Recipe
1/2 lb. ground pork
1 bag spring roll wraps
1/2 purple onion, diced
1 head garlic, mashed
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups oil
1. In a large bowl, combine pork, onion, garlic, pepper, and salt. Kneed well. Slowly mix in soy sauce.
2. Lay out a few wrappers at a time on a flat surface, and place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in a line down the center of the wrapper. Make sure the filling is no thicker than your thumb, or the wrapper will cook faster than the meat.
3. Take the bottom and top edges of the wrapper and fold them towards the center. Take the left and right sides, and fold them towards the center. Moisten the last edge of the wrapper to seal. Now repeat using the rest of the wrappers.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Fry 3 or 4 at a time. Fry for about 3 or 4 minutes, turning once. Cut in half and serve with smoking dipping sauce (see recipe below).
Makes 18 - 20 rolls.Smoking Dipping Sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
2/3 cup mayonnaise
couple of drops of liquid smoke
1. Mix ketchup, mayonnaise, and liquid smoke together in a small bowl until thoroughly blended.
2. Dip your pig logs into this sauce.