The quick and easy banana nut bread recipe that follows will allow you to create some delightfully moist and rich banana bread in the comforts of your home. Trust me cooking from scratch is not too difficult and with my helping hand it'll be too easy. When my bananas become very ripe and soft I will often turn to this banana nut bread recipe so that I don't have to through out my bananas.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Light spray a 9X5X3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter or margarine and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and lemon juice. Wet mixture is formed.
3. In a separate bowl, shift together your dry ingredients consisting of flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and nuts. Flour mixture is formed.
4. Next add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir mixture just enough to moisten the flour. Banana bread batter is formed. Don't over beat your batter, because you want your banana bread recipe to turn out perfect.
5. Now, using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, spoon your batter into the already prepared loaf pan. Bake on center oven rack at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Your banana bread is done when a tooth pick inserted into center of bread loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.