Quick and Easy Chicken Creole Recipe
Today we would like to share a delicious, quick, and easy chicken creole recipe that is sure to be a hit with the family. With just a we bit of preparation this recipe cooks up in about 20 minutes every time. The blended ingredients of tomatoes, celery, onions, garlic, basil, parsley, and crushed red pepper makes for a rich and flavorful meal. To some folks this creole recipe is considered some serious comfort food. For me, this is one of the recipes I turn to when I'm short on time and need to quickly pull together a delicious meal to put on my dinner table that which will always be appreciated and eaten by my family. I'm sure you will enjoy the quick and easy chicken recipe that follows. What are to waiting for? Print the recipe out and give it a try.
- Non-stick spray coating
- 4 medium chicken breast, skinned, boned, halved and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 can (14-oz) diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green pepper (1 large)
- 1 cup low sodium chili sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- cooked rice
- First coat non-stick deep skillet with a light coat of cooking spray. Over medium-high heat cook and stir raw chicken for 5 to 10
minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat then add diced tomatoes with juice, green peppers, chili sauce, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, salt and red pepper.
- Bring chicken creole to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for about 10 minutes. Serve over steaming hot rice.
Makes 4 servings / Serving size is 1-1/2 cups.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Return from Chicken Creole Recipe to Cajun Creole Recipes page