Quick and Easy Chicken Creole Recipe
This delicious quick and easy chicken creole recipe is
sure to be a hit with the family. With just a bit of preparation this recipe cooks up in about 20 minutes every time. I'm sure you will enjoy the
quick and easy chicken recipe that follows.
- Non-stick spray coating
- 4 medium chicken breast, skinned, boned, halved and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 can (14-oz) diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green pepper (1 large)
- 1 cup low sodium chili sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- cooked rice
- First coat non-stick deep skillet with a light coat of cooking spray. Over medium-high heat cook and stir raw chicken for 5 to 10
minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat then add diced tomatoes with juice, green peppers, chili sauce, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, salt and red pepper.
- Bring chicken creole to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for about 10 minutes. Serve over steaming hot rice.
Makes 4 servings / Serving size is 1-1/2 cups.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Chicken Creole Recipe to Creole Recipes page