Oven Baked Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
If you love stuffed peppers, you're going to love this stuffed bell pepper recipe. This stuffed pepper recipe uses bell peppers and beef as the main ingredients.
You could either use green, orange, red or yellow bell peppers for this recipe.
During the summer months, I usually will use a variety of colors because
the prices are affordable when compared to green peppers.
It's important to note that each different color of bell pepper has its
own unique taste.
The pepper will become sweeter and milder as it
When selecting bell peppers for cooking choose peppers that have
firm skin and no wrinkles.
Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
- 6 large bell peppers (green, orange, red or yellow)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small can sweet corn, drained (8 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups long-grain cooked rice
- 2 cups tomato juice
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare bell peppers for baking by cutting off the tops and removing the spines and seeds. The peppers need to be softened before baking. Softening of the peppers can be accomplished in one of two ways: 1) Steam the bell pepper on a wire rack above water for 10 to 15 minutes 2) Or cover the bell peppers with water and boil for 3 minutes. After softening process set bell peppers aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, stir and cook ground beef until it is browned. Be sure to separate beef into small pieces while stirring. Next add onions and garlic cloves, stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in sweet corn, salt, pepper, thyme, cooked rice and 1 cup tomato juice. Mix all ingredients well, then stuff mixture into peppers.
- Place stuffed bell peppers upright into shallow baking dish and add the remaining tomato juice. Cover with aluminum foil and bake stuffed bell peppers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes. Remove foil, add cheese topping and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Spoon the remaining tomato juice from the baking dish over the stuffed bell peppers and serve hot.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
I'm positive you will enjoy this Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe.