What's The Best Soul Food Christmas Menu?
I have discovered the best Soul Food Christmas Menu. I
will gladly share my menu and recipes with you in just one moment.
However, I have one caveat to speak about before we get into what you
should serve for Christmas Dinner. Ask several other people about their Christmas Menu and they
would probably somewhat disagree with my Christmas dinner menu
suggestion based on their personal likes and dislikes. But one thing remains true, four or five of the soul foods listed below will always be served for
dinner no matter what.
- Honey Baked Ham - This honey baked ham cooks up nice and easy and offers you some tremedous taste.
- Collard Greens - My folks and readers to this website all love this traditional southern style collard greens recipe.
- Macaroni and Cheese - Don't discount the popularity of this quick and easy baked all American recipe favorite.
- Potato Salad - Served cold this southern style potato salad dish will
- Corn Bread Dressing - Dinner would be incomplete if you failed to serve this handmade corn bread dressing.
- Giblet Gravy - Use those leftover chicken gizzards and turkey necks to make this homemade gravy to pour onto your mashed potatoes and/or dressing.
- Candied Yams - Try out this old fashioned candied yams recipe. You can use yams or sweet potato.
- Sweet Potato Pie - This is by far one of the most favorite holiday desserts.
- Red Velvet Cake - This is a fancy dressed up cake with homemade icing.
Now that you know what to serve, download the recipes and prepare to cook up some delicious soul foods. Just serve these tried and true traditional Christmas foods and your dinner guest will be happy. If you did not serve thanksgiving dinner this year, you
should try serving these thanksgiving recipes during this years
Return form Soul Food Christmas Menu to Holiday Recipes