Recipe For Crispy and Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken
Believe me it's possible to create oven fried chicken that's both crisp and crunchy. If you don't thinks so follow along and give this fried chicken recipe a try. I have tricked my family a few timed by preparing this recipe in the oven and passing it off as fried chicken. They really could not tell the difference because the chicken was so crispy and crunch, like fried chicken.
The secret to this recipe is pre-soaking your chicken breast in salt, vinegar and water for several hours before cooking. This liquid solution helps to tenderize the meat and seal in the natural juices of your chicken so that the poultry maintains its juiciness while cooking. Therefore, you don't have to worry about dried out chicken.
This chicken is a bit more healthier since it is oven baked, which for me means I don't have to feel guilty when I enjoy my chicken. Since it's a little more healthier I can eat this a few time per month without any problems.
Oven Fried Chicken
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Prepare your soaking solution by dissolving salt in warm water. Once the salt has dissolved, add the vinegar to the salt solution.
Place chicken breast in a container with lid, and add salt water solution and enough water to cover the chicken. Cover and refrigerate
for 3 to 6 hours.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg and buttermilk. In a paper bag or zip lock plastic bag combine bread crumbs, poultry seasoning,
black pepper, salts and paprika. Now it's time coat your chicken.
- To coat each piece of chicken, first dip in buttermilk solution then place in bag with bread crump mixture and shake well to evenly
coat each breast. Place coated chicken breast onto a container, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place baking sheet in oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove hot baking sheet from preheated oven. Spray both sides
of chicken breast with cooking spray and place on hot baking sheet. Bake until internal temperature of chicken reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit
and juice run clear. Total cooking time should be somewhere around 30 to 35 minutes.
- Brown the top of your chicken by broiling 4 inches from broiler for about 4 to 6 minutes.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Return from Oven Fried Chicken to Chicken Recipes