Easy as 1-2-3 Oven Baked French Fries
If you enjoy healthy eating, you're going to love this oven baked french fries recipes. In my humble opinion, homemade oven baked fries are
much better that store bought frozen french fries. There definitely is a noticeable difference in taste.
The recipe that follows is very simple.
Oven Baked French Fries
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse potatoes under running cold water to remove dirt. Give potatoes a thorough cleaning before cutting into steak fry size portions.
- Before cutting your potatoes decided whether or not you will cut the potatoes with skin on. I prefer keeping the skin on because this
gives the potatoes a homemade appearance and enhances flavor.
- After cutting potatoes, rinse them again under cold running water. Place french fries in a large boil cover with cold water and chill
for 10 to 30 minutes. To prevent fries from darkening add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to water solution.
- After waiting period, remove fries from water and drain well. Next pat the french fries dry with a clean dish towel or paper towel.
Put them in a dry bowl, then add sunflower oil and toss fries together until well coated.
- Spread the french fries out evenly on a cookie sheet and bake on center oven rack at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, turning once
midway through baking. Bake fries until they are golden brown.
- Finally, add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Oven Baked French Fries to Potato Recipes