Liver And Onions Recipe
An Old-Timed Country Favorite
This liver and onions recipe was my grandpa's favorite. For us younger folks, you don't see this being served much at dinner tables anymore. So when you do see liver and onions it's a rare treat. Here is the recipe for your enjoyment.
Liver and Onions Recipe
- 1 pound sliced liver, half inch thick
- 2 large onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ice cold milk
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 large heavy or cast iron skillet
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 medium food storage container
- 1 measuring spoons
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Prepare your liver 1-hour before cooking.
- Rinse sliced liver under cold running water and place in ice-cold milk for about 40 minutes.
- Peel and slice onions, then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine together chopped marjoram, thyme, parsley flakes, seasoned salt, prepared mustard and black pepper.
Crush and mix all of the ingredients together to form your seasoning mixture.
- After about 40 minutes, remove sliced liver from milk and pat dry with paper towels. Coat each piece of liver first with seasoning
mixture and then with flour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the liver to your desired doneness.
- Removed cooked liver and place on a warmed plate until onions are done. Place onions into skillet, season with salt and pepper and
brown, turning occasionally.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Serve with steamed rice, vegetables and cornbread. Enjoy your Liver and Onions.
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Liver and Onions Recipe to Beef Recipes page