How To Cook Rice Thats Fluffy Light and Tender
by Soul Food Chef
How to Cook Perfect Rice Every Time
If your rice turns out too sticky or too dry, you're going to want to read what I have to say below about "How to Cook Rice that is light, tender and fluffy".
Cooking rice is something that we all do, yet most people to this day, still have problems cooking a pot of rice that is light and fluffy. Until you master the process of rice cooking, chances are your rice will turn out sticky 9 out of 10 times. Every once in a while, by accident, you'll cook up a pot of rice that you'll proudly serve.
So what's the SECRET to cooking rice the perfect pot of rice? For light, fluffy and tender rice, just prior to cooking, you must rinse your rice and once the rice is cooked you must let is stand covered in a pot for 5 to 10 minutes.
Long grain white rice is the preferred rice, if cooked properly you will not have any trouble cooking a pot of rice, that is NOT sticky.
"Here Is A 6 Step Process To Cooking Perfect Rice, Every Time"
1. Place rice in a strainer/colander and rinse the rice under running cold water until the water is clear. While rinsing you'll immediately notice that at first the water will be somewhat cloudy and then it will turn clear when you've rinsed enough.
2. Add 1-1/2 cups of water for every cup of dry rice.
3. Add rice and water to pot and bring rice to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Once rice begins to boil, lower heat to medium low and cover pot with lid. Initial you should tilt the lid to allow steam to escape.
4. After about 5 minutes, place the lid on the pot tightly, lower the heat to a simmer and boil rice for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow rice to cool in pot with a covered lid for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Add butter, etc and fluff your rice with a fork and serve immediately.
Now for most people the method I just explained will produce fluffy, light and tender rice every time. If this doesn't work for you here is my final piece of advice to you.
Buy yourself a Rice Cooker!
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Get Your How To Cooking Question Answered.