Grandma's Homemade Biscuit Recipe
This homemade biscuit recipe is my personal favorite. In my opinion, no breakfast is complete without baking some homemade biscuits. I'll eat biscuits straight out of the oven while they're still good and hot.
I just split them open and add my favorite toppings like butter and jelly. On my lazy mornings I usually just make myself a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit. You could also substitute either ham or bacon for the sausage. Here is the biscuit recipe.
Grandma's Homemade Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together pastry flour, baking powder and salt. Next add milk and vegetable oil and stir until dough forms.
- Roll the dough out on a cutting board to about 3/4 inches thick. Cut dough into biscuits using a cookie cutter.
- Light grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place biscuits on cookie sheet, not allowing the biscuits to touch.
- Bake on center oven rack at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Homemade Biscuit Recipe to Bread Rolls or Biscuit Recipes