When It's Time to Barbecue
Cook This Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
Grilled Chicken Wings
Now that the weather is nice, it's time to get outside on the grill. Here's a delicious grilled chicken wings recipe that we recommend you
cook up now that you've made the decision to fire up the old charcoal
or gas grill.
I'll be the first one to admit, it can be tricky grilling chicken
wings because they often burn.
But if you follow our advise to carefully
watch over the wings as they cook, your chicken wings will turn out
with a nice golden brown color...and they will not look burnt.
For this recipe, the wings should be prepared and marinated the night before barbecuing.
Soaking the wings overnight in marinade makes all the difference if you want juicy and flavorful wings. I always marinade and never cook my chicken wings straight from the package like some folks do.
Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
- 12 chicken wings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch chili powder
- Rinse chicken wings under running cold water then pat your wings dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a nonmetallic bowl large enough to hold chicken wings in a single layer, mix together soy sauce, honey, tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic,
ginger and chili powder. Marinade is formed. Set aside 1/4 cup of marinade for basting during cooking.
- Add chicken wings to remaining marinade and turn wings to coat thoroughly. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- When youre ready to grill, remove wings from marinade.
- Grilled chicken wings on a rack about 6 inches above medium hot coals for 35-40 minutes. Turn wings often and brush with the 1/4 cup of marinade you set aside. Continue to baste and turn until wings are done and well browned.
Once wings are done brush them with your favorite barbecue sauce and enjoy.
This recipe is courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Return from Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe to BBQ Recipes page