Homemade Cream Style Corn Recipe
In response to many request for cream style corn, I went into the kitchen and whipped up my finest dish of cream corn.
For many, eating sweet and creamy corn is a family tradition, but for some the family recipe got lost over the years. No worries, because
the recipe that follows produces some of the best tasting cream corn ever.
Get ready to prepare a quick and easy dish that cooks up right each and every time.
Cream Style Corn
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper<
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk or half-and-half
- Using a sharp knife, scrap corn kernels from the cob into a bowl so that you can retain the corn and juice, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter then add corn mixture. Next add in 3 tablespoons water and sugar -- stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook the corn until it's tender. Once corn becomes tender, mix 1 tablespoon of water, with 1 tablespoon of flour, salt,
and pepper, blending well.
- Finally, gradually add your milk. Cook and stir cream-style corn continuously for 2-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Cream Style Corn to Vegetable Recipes